The potential for hail damage on a brand new roof can stress out a new property owner, so let’s take a closer look at the probability.
In Utah, we might see a hailstorm blow through town every so often, so it’s essential that homeowners and property owners alike should be informed. It’s also important to note that a single storm will not constitute the need for a whole new roof. But if you just got a new roof or are considering reroofing, there are a few steps you can take to ensure maximum protection.
When Is Hail Damage Likely?
Hailstorms, high winds, and thunderstorms are most likely to occur during the spring and fall months in Utah but can happen at any point in the year. We’re not in the midwest region of the country where hailstorms are the most likely to occur, and we’re not often caught in hail that can cause severe damage after just one storm. But it’s possible that multiple storms can lead to enough damage that you’ll eventually need at least a minor repair or an overhaul of your entire roof.
So if the question is, “Will your new roof experience hail damage?” the answer might be yes, but it’s unlikely that it will be serious enough to call in a roofer after just one weather occurrence.
Protecting Your Home From Hail Damage
- If you’re designing a roof, a steep-sloped roof typically holds up better against hail.
- Keep landscaping and tree branches trimmed back and away from your home and roof.
- Replace your current shingles with or build your roof with class IV shingles with an impact resistance rating of UL 2218.
- Regularly inspect your roof and attic for signs of damage that need to be repaired before another hailstorm lands.
- Contact a professional roofing company for any repairs to ensure your roof is back in tip-top shape.
Call The Roof Doctor for Repairs and Reroofing
When you're ready for a new roof or a reroofing job as a result of hail damage, The Roof Doctor is prepared to help. With years of experience in installing and repairing, our licensed roofing specialists have the knowledge to help you make the best roofing decision for your home. Serving Orem, South Jordan, Salt Lake City, Bountiful, and their surrounding areas, we're eager to give Utah property owners the roof of their dreams. Contact us today for a free estimate!